A/R Finance Associate
The A/R Finance Associate works directly with our Finance Department to master Accounts Receivable and all functions of that process, as well as provides a variety of duties to support the Director of Corporate Functions, within Finance.
This position is based at our headquarters in Michigan City, IN but has the option to work remotely up to 2 days per week, dependent on business need.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare weekly manual deposits.
- Make daily deposits into NetSuite; posting payments to customers’ accounts. Maintaining files on all deposited materials.
- Apply ACH payments by posting them in NetSuite when received.
- Research and solves payment discrepancies
- Adjust accounts as needed.
- Create invoices and issue credit memos for customers’ accounts as needed.
- Manage account aging
- Run statements of all N/30 customers on a scheduled basis. Utilize all communication means to reduce aging of accounts
- Answer incoming emails to AR@peepers.com about past due accounts
- Review A/R aging reports after month end procedures are run
- Create spreadsheets of past due communications for monthly review
- Call, fax, or email past due accounts and record all communications into NetSuite
- Special Invoicing
- Wholesale accounts requiring special invoices beyond our standard invoicing may require the use of Custom Portals for timely invoicing.
- Bill and invoice into EDI system and NetSuite
- Term and N/30 customers.
- Wholesale accounts requesting special extended terms from our sales team will require payment history research and analysis to approve special term authorization.
- Receive calls from wholesale accounts to pay their invoices with credit cards
- Net 30 credit application process, which includes reference correspondences and Lyon credit reporting
- Set credit limits in NetSuite and notify customer of their approved terms
- Review and analyze Mail Innovations and Mail Innovations International, and FedEx invoices to maintain our shipping cost averages
- Verify zone charges against our rate table
- Factory payments
- Create factory folder and cover sheet once the Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator places PO’s with factories
- Create factory wire approval sheet
- Create factory bills from item receipts
- Assist Director of Corporate Functions with payments to overseas vendors, analyzing bills and credits
- Assist the finance department in a variety of duties as requested
- Filing / Organization
- Spreadsheet and excel reports as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related discipline and at least two years of corporate finance experience or two years related experience in manufacturing and inventory management.
- The ability to read with good comprehension and precise mathematical skills.
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills as well as the ability to navigate websites and proprietary software are required.
- Must be a self-starter, results-oriented, and analytical with strong attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills
- A professional appearance, etiquette, and excellent verbal skills are required.
- Empathetic listening skills and careful speaking skills.
- Exceptional pc skills, including Advance MS Excel. Proficiency in business and financial software applications, including NetSuite
- The ability to utilize in-house software systems.
- Communication via telephone, emails, online chat and co-workers,
- Viewing computer terminal, perceiving and transcribing data with accuracy, and keyboarding fill much of the day in an office environment.
- The employee is required to maintain a calm and professional demeanor while handling multiple priorities.
- The employee is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions, working primarily in an office environment.
- Light work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work can require walking while carrying objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching, as well as grasping objects, and reaching with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Reliable physical attendance is required.
- The employee is required to stay awake throughout the shift.
Peepers by PeeperSpecs - Who are we?
We design and manufacture fashion-forward eyewear that is available on www.peepers.com and at retailers throughout the United States and Canada.
We are proud to have been named an Indiana Best Place to Work for 3 years in a row!
Peepers has been on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies for 7 years straight!
We are made up of a diverse group of tightly-knit individuals. We love what we do and take pride in being an industry leader in quality and care.