Job Title: Email Strategist
Reports to: Ecommerce Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt
Career Level: Advanced (purple)
Purpose: The Email Strategist is responsible for analyzing customer behaviors and conversion points to drive an email strategy that aligns with Peepers goals.
This position is based at our headquarters in Michigan City, IN with the option to work remotely up to 2 days per week, dependent on business need or to work remotely full time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Email Database Management
- Perform list cleanse and maintain an overall clean customer profile database with active, interested and buying customers for both Peepers D2C and Wholesale customers.
- Prepare statistical analysis of customer behaviors to develop segmented audiences based on customer interest, purchase history and other buying behaviors to send each customer a targeted email message at the right time
Email Campaign Content Strategy
- Strategically build out email and SMS campaigns in a calendar in a timely manner while keeping in mind email metrics, campaign goals, product inventory, product launches and monthly initiatives and be agile in managing the calendar changes with current events of the company for both Peepers D2C and wholesale customers.
- Brief creative content to our graphic design team focusing on goals of each email and specific products or content that should be highlighted with light design guidance.
- Help to create a consistent design aesthetic that is on brand and following best email practices.
- Work with marketing team to arrive on a finalized creative design incorporating Peepers branding, email best practices and known best performing elements for each email message and build the creative with web links into our ESP.
- Schedule emails in our ESP based on data for the best send time.
- Build SMS messaging into SMS provider platform.
- A/B Test different messaging, photography, content, subject lines etc. to identify what drives the highest open rates, click rates and revenue per email.
- Perform analysis of email marketing campaigns and report on their effectiveness to maximize sales and profit.
Email Flow Content Strategy
- Create automated flow strategy incorporating Peepers existing flows and provide recommendations for additional flow journeys for all stages of the Peepers customer lifecycle, including acquisition and tactics that increase retention.
- Constantly A/B test different messages, email touches, content etc. in flows to determine winners.
- Build out a map of the customer email journey, highlighting what messages different types of customers are receiving through email marketing and SMS campaigns at different times.
- Perform analysis of email marketing automated flow campaigns and report on their effectiveness to maximize sales and profit.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Marketing field
- Minimum 1-year experience in email marketing. (2-3 preferred)
- Strong knowledge and passion for the email marketing landscape. Understanding of email marketing best practices as well as the latest email marketing trends and news.
- Good understanding of email KPI’s
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- The ability to manage multiple priorities independently and flexibility to jump from one priority to another in a fast-paced environment
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Communication via telephone, emails, online chat and co-workers,
- Viewing computer terminal, perceiving and transcribing data with accuracy, and keyboarding fill much of the day in an office environment.
- The employee is required to maintain a calm and professional demeanor while handling multiple priorities.
- The employee is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions, working primarily in an office environment.
- Light work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work can require walking while carrying objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching, as well as grasping objects, and reaching with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Reliable physical attendance is required.
- The employee is required to stay awake throughout the shift.
I have reviewed this job description with my supervisor. I understand this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities required to fulfill the purpose of this position.
By signing below, the employee acknowledges that they are aware of the scope, responsibilities and requirements of this position