Key Account Manager
Peepers by PeeperSpecs is an omnichannel brand that is the leading designer of innovative, upbeat eyewear. We are reinventing the spectacle, and having fun doing it! Our parent company, Sammann Company, is a 4th generation family owned business that has skyrocketed ever since the latest generation took over 6 years ago.
If you want the security of a family owned company with the feel of a startup, Peepers is the place for you. We pride ourselves on our amazing team, made up of people who share our core values and believe in our brand. We are a strategic, we are tactical, we are fun. We work hard…we play hard…we really can’t help ourselves, it’s the foundation of our culture.
Job Description: Key Account Manager
Reports to: Director of sales
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt
Purpose: The main responsibility of the Key Acct Sales Manager is to secure sales revenue and manage key customer relationships. He/she will manage the sales budget to goal for key accounts by selling, planning, forecasting, and driving decision-making.
Four Key Accountabilities
· Customer Relationship / Expectation Management
· New Business Development
· Sales Plan Execution ($ + margin)
· Peepers Capabilities + Product Knowledge
Customer Relationship / Expectation Management
· Manage customer needs and expectations to achieve satisfaction and maintain partnerships
· Develop + manage relationships with new and existing customers to maximize sales growth
· Partner with Key Accounts to develop strategy and merchandise assortment to maximize retail sales
· Collaborate and coordinate with Sales Direct, Product, Merchandising, and Marketing departments to oversee projects from concept to delivery
· Work with Key Accounts on issues that arise and provide successful solutions
· Manage Key Account meetings at trade-shows, as well as offer sales assistance for Independent Trade retailers and sales team members at trade-shows. Tasks will include selling, order writing, customer service, relationship building and set-up/tear-down of various show spaces as needed.
New Business Development
· Identify white space opportunities + develop prospect lists to drive new business
· Present product presentations, proposals, and negotiate programs with customer to finalize the sale
· Inform Senior Management of market changes and conditions; provide and monitor the competitive landscape and make recommendations for changes as appropriate
Sales Plan Execution ($ + margin)
· Achieve sales objectives in coordination with the company's overall business plan by calling upon current and prospective customers on a regular basis
· Develop and analyze annual sales forecast and budgets. Monitor sales and business throughout the year.
· Review, analyze and negotiate all costs with appropriate margins
Peepers Product Knowledge
· Understand Peepers product categories, product development and production processes. Also understand wholesale to retail sales including EDI requirements, logistics, order cycles and order processes.
· Learn about, understand, communicate and sell key features of Peepers and our capabilities.
Skills & Knowledge Required
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years related experience
· Experience with Specialty Gift Market, Grocery Channel, and/or Apparel Industry
· Must be able to sell design and be trend savvy
· Must be dynamic, performance driven sales professional with a proven track record of building business
· Must have outstanding leadership, presentation and communication skills
· Must be an energetic, results-oriented, self-starter and team player
· Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
· Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Strong critical thinking and logical reasoning skills
· Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills
· Strong skills in problem identification and solutions-based problem-solving
·Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills.
· Excellent skills managing multiple competing priorities on a daily basis
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to lead and a strong team player