Product Development Coordinator
The Product Development coordinator will support the product team in all phases of development, ensuring the timely delivery of goods. This position is based at our headquarters in Michigan City, IN but has the option to work remotely up to 2 days per week, dependent on business needs.
- Vender Communication
- Communicate with overseas manufacturing partners in all phases of product development: drawings, prototypes, costing, technical specs, QC issues, sample timing
- Request specification sheets
- Review and put into margin spreadsheet
- Follow up on pending projects
- Sample Management
- Maintain samples arriving from suppliers and send samples/images to PD and Design as needed
- Keep new collection up to date on island in the Design Room
- Organize and maintain Design Room closet
- Purchase new shapes after we receive information from Design
- Once received, take photos (white background and on team members), measure, review with team and comment on fit/any adjustments that are needed
- Provide development samples to Design, Ecommerce, Sales, Suppliers, etc. as needed
- Gather and pack samples and communicate with DC to ship
- Gather, clean, and label all new products (with and without lenses) to send to the photoshoot (typically in CA). Ensure they have all the needed carryover product
- Line Review Meetings
- Ensure that remote Peeps have all samples prior to line review
- Photograph all samples in photobox prior to line review meetings
- Will be used in Line List that is sent out to team to reference during meetings
- After Final Line Review
- Fill out New Item Sheets with all item information needed to place PO’s – factory reference numbers, color technique information, pricing, etc.
- Work with Design to name products
- Compile Final Comments PowerPoint to send to each vendor with details of the items selected for the new line
- Includes photos of all products, comments, if additional samples are needed, QC notes, etc.
- Organize new season’s samples on shelves in CEO's office
- Ensure Ecommerce has everything they need to launch new products on the website
- Measurements, photos, product details
- Development Document Management
- Keep brief status spreadsheet up to date with timing for RP’s, molds, samples, etc.
- Send out brief status update to Design every Friday
- Keep design briefs up to date with notes and progress of samples
- Keep To-Do list up to date with notes and progress of samples
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- This position requires a High School diploma or GED; the ability to read with good comprehension and precise mathematical skills.
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills as well as the ability to navigate websites and proprietary software are required.
- Organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- A professional appearance, etiquette and excellent verbal skills are required.
- Empathic listening skills and careful speaking skills.
- A thorough knowledge of the phone system, including the ability to train employees about the various features. The ability to remain calm and focused while handling several callers simultaneously.
- The ability to use Outlook to send and receive emails including attachments.
- The ability to utilize the in-house software systems within 60-days of employment.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Communication with telephone callers and coworkers requires an ability to express oneself as well as perceive and exchange ideas.
- Viewing computer terminal, perceiving, and transcribing data with accuracy and keyboarding fill much of the day in an office environment.
- The employee is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions, working primarily in an office environment.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work can require walking while carrying objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching, as well as grasping objects, and reaching with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is required to drive to run errands occasionally.
- Reliable physical attendance is required.
- The employee is required to stay awake throughout the shift.
Peepers by PeeperSpecs - Who are we?
We design and manufacture fashion-forward eyewear that is available on www.peepers.com and at retailers throughout the United States and Canada.
We are proud to have been named an Indiana Best Place to Work for 4 years in a row!
Peepers has been on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies for 8 years straight!
We are made up of a diverse group of tight-knit individuals. We love what we do and take pride in being an industry leader in quality and care.