Product Development Coordinator
Job Title: Product Development Coordinator
Reports to: Product Development Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Career Level: Essential (orange)
Purpose: The Product Development coordinator will support the Product Team in all phases of development, ensuring the timely delivery of goods.
This position will be based at our company headquarters, located in Michigan City, Indiana
- Sample Management
- Manage all incoming/outgoing samples and organize as needed with internal Peeps and vendors
- Keep new collection up to date in the Design Room
- Organize and maintain samples in Design Room closet
- New season samples
- Photography- Take product only images, and images on faces.
- Technical specs- Record product sizing and add to powerpoint presentation
- Sample distribution
- Key Accounts- Send samples to Sales for Key Accounts meetings
- Photoshoot- Gather, clean, and label all products to send to photoshoot
- Remove lenses
- Remove tags
- Clean frames
- Vendor communication
- Communicate with overseas manufacturing partners in all phases of product development: drawings, prototypes, costing, technical specs, QC issues, sample timing
- Specification sheets
- Request technical specs and pricing on all styles
- Update margin spreadsheet
- Follow up on pending projects
- Line Review Meetings
- Update the line list with product images, frame specs, and margins to be used during line review
- Ensure that remote Peeps have all samples prior to line review
- After Final Line Review
- Fill out New Item Sheets with all item information needed to place PO’s – factory reference numbers, color technique information, pricing, etc.
- Work with Design to name products
- Compile Final Comments PowerPoint to send to each vendor with details of the items selected for the new line
- Includes photos of all products, comments, if additional samples are needed, QC notes, etc.
- Organize new season’s samples on shelves in Alec’s office
- Ensure Ecommerce has everything they need to launch new products
- Measurements, photos
- Development Management
- Update project management tool (Monday.com) to track development timeline for critical milestones
- Keep brief status spreadsheet up to date with timing for RP’s, molds, samples, etc.
- Send out brief status update to Design every Friday
- Keep design briefs up to date with notes and progress of samples
- Keep To-Do list up to date with notes and progress of samples
- Fulfull photography requests from internal Peeps
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- This position requires a High School diploma or GED; the ability to read with good comprehension and precise mathematical skills.
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills as well as the ability to navigate websites and proprietary software are required.
- Organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- A professional appearance, etiquette and excellent verbal skills are required.
- Empathic listening skills and careful speaking skills.
- A thorough knowledge of the phone system, including the ability to train employees about the various features. The ability to remain calm and focused while handling several callers simultaneously.
- The ability to use Outlook to send and receive emails including attachments.
- The ability to utilize the in-house software systems within 60-days of employment.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Communication with telephone callers and coworkers requires an ability to express oneself as well as perceive and exchange ideas.
- Viewing computer terminal, perceiving, and transcribing data with accuracy and keyboarding fill much of the day in an office environment.
- The employee is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions, working primarily in an office environment.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work can require walking while carrying objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching, as well as grasping objects, and reaching with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is required to drive to run errands occasionally.
- Reliable physical attendance is required.
- The employee is required to stay awake throughout the shift.