Team Lead - Consumer Direct Experience
Job Description: Team Lead-Consumer Direct Experience
Reports to: Customer Experience Team Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, non-exempt
The Consumer Direct Team Lead will manage 3-5 Consumer Direct Customer Experience Advisors. The CDTL is responsible for positive daily customer interactions, policies, and ensures customers are taken care of in a timely manner with WOW service. The CDTL advises the CD team and consults with the CX Team Manager regularly to ensure smooth daily processes and operations of the Consumer Direct portion of the business.
1. Encourages customer purchases and loyalty with prompt and courteous response time;
a. Stays up to date with product knowledge to advise customers and encourage purchases
2. Monitors Consumer Direct inbox, chat transcripts, phone calls, and happiness ratings
a. Replies to email with a positive written response within two hours of receipt
i. Coaches team on importance of giving the customer the best possible initial response, making sure all questions are addressed in one reply
ii. Addresses any "not good" happiness ratings immediately
b. Responds to incoming consumer direct calls within two rings with a pleasant, upbeat voice prepared to provide WOW service
c. Positively responds to incoming chats within 10 seconds of customer initiation
i. Reviews all chat transcripts and addresses any issues immediately
3. Employee development and coaching
a. Sets quarterly goals with each team member and follows up with monthly one on one meetings
b. Organizes huddles w/ relevant topics and motivating team-building activities
c. Real-time phone call monitoring, providing on the spot coaching
4. Assists Sales and Product Teams with projects, as necessary
5. Files all processed orders daily. Keeps files organized and consistent with others, as directed.
6. Performs CX Advisor functions on an as-needed basis.
7. Collaborates with CX Team Manager
a. Weekly Team Lead meetings with CX Team Manager:
i. Policies – issues?
ii. Overall hurdles or issues w/ team
iii. Setting team goals / Keeping a forward-moving team top of mind
iv. Report review
v. Monthly team huddles
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. This position requires at least twelve months positive Customer Service experience and at least twelve months Leadership experience
2. A High School diploma or GED; the ability to read with good comprehension and precise mathematical skills.
3. Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills, as well as the ability to navigate websites and proprietary software are required.
4. The ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
5. Organizational skills and high attention to detail.
6. A professional appearance, etiquette and excellent verbal skills are required.
7. Empathetic listening skills and careful speaking skills.
8. The ability to use Outlook to send and receive emails including attachments.
9. The ability to utilize the in-house software systems; NetSuite, Olark, Sharepoint, etc.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
⦁ Communication with telephone callers, emails, online chat and coworkers requires an ability to express oneself as well as perceive and exchange ideas.
⦁ Viewing computer terminal, perceiving and transcribing data with accuracy and keyboarding fill much of the day in an office environment.
⦁ The employee is required to maintain a calm and professional demeanor while handling multiple priorities.
⦁ The employee is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions, working primarily in an office environment.
⦁ Light work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
⦁ Work can require walking while carrying objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching, as well as grasping objects, and reaching with hands and arms.
⦁ The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
⦁ Reliable physical attendance is required.
⦁ The employee is required to stay awake throughout the shift.